Wednesday, October 05, 2005

the grocery challenge

I have taken inventory of every food item I have in the kitchen. For the sake of economy and efficiency, I want to see how long I can make it last. 4 weeks. Do you think I can do it? Here's the list:

-10 packets instant grits
-1 box mac & cheese
-1 can tuna
-1 can tomato soup
-1 can green beans
-2 cans mac nuts (sent by parents in mail- I would never buy)
-1 loaf bread
-1 bag mini carrots
-1/2 package bacon
-1 package shredded cheese
-10 eggs
-1/4 bag frozen hash browns
-4 toaster strudels
-22 clementines
-2 packages instant rice
-1.75 boxes angel hair pasta
-assorted teas, bottled water, vodka (I’m allowing myself to buy more bottled water if necessary.)

My goal is to make my current stock of food last for an entire month. Today is October 4th. I don’t want to go to the grocery store until Día de los Muertos (Nov 1). Well, I’m sure I’ll want to go to the grocery store, but that’s why it’s called a challenge. Note that I will be eating out at least once a week.

2 Comments:

Blogger ChittyChittyBangBang! said...

I wouldn't last more than 2 weeks on what you have in your cupboard.
Good luck! Perhaps an extra day if you count the bottle of Vodka as a meal... hehehe.

2:29 AM  
Blogger daniel morrison said...

hahahahah! one month with a loaf of bread.

impossible.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home