Thursday, September 08, 2005

oh snap!

I will admit that the term "Oh snap!" comes out of my mouth on a fairly regular basis, and it comes out when I'm talking to people who don't understand it, like my mom. I was talking to her on the phone last night and for some reason I said, "Oh snap!" She informed me that 'O Snap' is a function in auto cad, the drafting software she uses at work. You see, my mom is a super-smart electrical engineer, way smarter than I'll ever be. Sometimes I think my parents were disappointed to have birthed such a dumb child, wait-- dumb is not the right word. I believe 'exceedingly lazy' is the term I'm looking for. My smart, smart parents birthed a naturally intelligent child who happened to be inherently sloth and thus squanders her potential.

Speaking of which, I just updated my resume and took all food related jobs off. Maybe I should link it here in a pdf. Would you hire me? Of last year's graduating class from IU's School of Journalism (one of the top journalism schools in the nation) only 4 graduates have found jobs so far. I'm doomed--- DOOMED!

Right now I find myself with some free time on my hands for the first time in two weeks. I think I'll go spike my blood sugar, watch The Simpsons and take a nap. This is the first weekday since I've returned to Bloomington that I never once stepped into the newsroom. It's refreshing and yet... I feel a void. (which is unsettling.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim Duffy said...

There's always a none paying home for you here at Jest. At least as long as there is a Jest.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

it just so happens that "non paying" no longer counts as a position in my book.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home