Sunday, September 25, 2005

Oh, mommy

I was talking to my mom on the phone and she suggested I start my own comedy troupe. I explained that in the realm of student comedy troupes 'round here, we already have a sketch group and an improv group and they're both very well received. It's a simple marketing principle, if you have nothing new/different to offer audiences, you're destined to fail. So my mom suggested I start a mime comedy troupe.

When I explained that everyone hates mimes, she said that's why it would be funny. I entertained that this mime principle could be funny for maybe one skit and then all amusement would hault quickly. She did not agree. Upon revisiting this idea, I'm realizing that there are talented mimes out there who can be quite funny, but these people have studied the "art" of mime extensively, something I haven't done and will never do.

This whole comedy thing is a bust.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Tim Duffy said...

You should start a Civil War reinactment group!!!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

you're worse than my mom!

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... vitaline vitamins chevrolet Honda civic tune up specs shemale movie Arizona dial up services Cost of liposuction and tummy tucks Bees wax hair removal bextra Truck rental florida patio heaters Porsche dealers in surrey 900 part saab turbo Spam blocker for aol The million blossom of roses stationery patanol Medicina zocor Presario v2565us battery Citibank free credit report score

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home