Sunday, August 21, 2005

pottery is fun

I was forced by my mother (who happens to be a potter) to aid in vending her pottery at a pottery market the other day. Upon arrival I discovered that there wasn't much helping to be done, I was just being exploited.

"I wanted your pretty face to be here to sell more pottery," said my mom.

My pretty face couldn't even get people to take free magazines, how is it going to get midwestern women to purchase ceramic bowls? Think about it.

I noticed my mom had a very tiny bowl and I wondered at its purpose. I returned from a lunch break to discover that someone actually bought the teeny tiny bowl. I demaned to know what kind of creature would buy a teeny tiny ceramic bowl. I got my answer: a man who owns a shadow box just for tiny pottery. (such people exist.)

Today I made the move back to Bloomington, IN. I just ate microwavable macaroni & cheese with my fingers. Ah, college life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim Duffy said...

So modest. This grrrl unloaded butt loads of magazines.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home