Thursday, August 11, 2005

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts

Today I’m going to address the pressing issue of trombones. Do you know what it sounds like when a 47 year old woman blows on a trombone mouthpiece? Well, it’s a lot quieter than when she blows on the whole damn instrument. The dog whines either way. (does that sound like sexual innuendo OR WHAT? I promise it's not.)

Disney ran a short-lived sitcom entitled Even Stevens. The main character, Louis Stevens, once said, “Trombones hurt in a way you’ll never understand.” I took that to heart. While Louis was referring to falling into an orchestra pit, I am referring to living in a family of trombone players. My dad married a professional trombonist. (why, daddy, why?) She gave birth to a baby trombonist, who, while in his early stages of learning the trombone (perhaps its most beautiful stages) would rise at 6am to blat out its sweet melodies.

Just now, the trombone playing (er, warming up) stopped and my step mom said, “Whoa! Joanna you have got to come see this.”

Then I hear my dad’s voice, “Joanna, do you have your camera?”

And my dad walked into the house with these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home