Friday, August 19, 2005

Indiana Hot-iversity

It’s kind of nice to be in the midwest again where people aren’t so pretentious about the names of their drinking games. “Wait.. what?” You’re asking. Well, on my last night in nyc, a bunch of us chilluns got together to play one of my favorite past times—flippy cup. My roommate asked what I had been up to.
“You call it flippy cup?!” she asked, sounding disgusted that I could be so unrefined. Apparently “Flip cup” is the more sophisticated name, but, how sophisticated can you really be when naming a game where you race to chug beer from a plastic cup and try to flip it?

I admit, I do sometimes refer to my college as “Dumb-Dumb University” because it’s not a prestigious private school and well, let’s face it, a lot of dumb kids go there. But I’ve always understood that it’s actually a very good school, ranking nationally and globally in a lot of areas. (and generally just a nice place.) However, I was frustrated to realize that not a lot of people know that. When I was in nyc, I was surprised to find myself defending it because people just assumed it was a run-of-the-mill retard school. But IU, it’s not just any retard school, it’s the hottest, according to Newsweek.

HOTTEST BIG STATE SCHOOL
Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind.

Much of the charm of life among the Hoosiers springs from tradition, like the Little 500 bicycle races and weekend partying dramatized in the 1979 film "Breaking Away." But what stokes increasing interest in Indiana from out-of-staters, who make up a third of freshmen, is IU's embrace of the Information Age. Intel ranked it first among U.S. universities for wireless connectivity. It doesn't hurt that IU provides vast choices: 328 degree programs and 130 majors for 30,000 undergraduates.


(take that, bitches)

1 Comments:

Anonymous special pointers said...

Hi there ##Gen## your blog caught my attention while I was seraching for ##http://www.bestlaserpointers.com/## Now i can tell why i crossed along your page I was seraching for ##green laser pointers, laser pointers, services##. Although it was not exactly what I was looking for it did provide an interesting read! thanks keep it up!

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home