Friday, August 05, 2005

I am a dreamer.

Last night in New York
Well, it started out with me and a bunch of interns standing around in a conference room, drinking champagne while Sinatra’s “New York, New York” played on a loop. (I’m not even sure what to say about that.)

Then me and the kids hit the town, all wearing matching t-shirts that said “Dreamer” across the front. I wore mine with stilettos. I ate dinner with people I didn't know very well and we serenaded everyone else in the restaurant with a medley of TLC songs. I tested the sarcasm waters, telling the girl from Harvard that my favorite movies were Jurassic Park 2 and 3. No good, her response, a concerned: "Why would you say that?"

I just got back from a party at the apartment next door. I wowed everyone with my adept flippy cup skills. (I flip it first try, every time, baby.) It’s early, but I came home because A) one of the prettier females kept using my shirt to open her beer bottles and B) I haven’t started packing and I leave tomorrow morning. (seriously, I’m leavin’ on a jet plane, don’t know when I’ll be back again.) Fortunately, I can still hear the yelling and loud music through the wall, so it’s like I never left the party… (as I packity pack pack.)

Don't like goodbyes. I guess they provide closure, and I like hugs. But they always play that song by the really fat dead Hawaiian that makes everyone tear up. You know the one-- the version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" with the "oooooo oooooo ooooo ooo ooo ooo ooooooo..... oooooo." Lucky for me, I can currently hear Missy Elliot's "Get Ur Freak On" coming from next door, so it's all good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home