Tuesday, July 12, 2005

why there is cheese on my wall

Coming to new york has been an introspective journey. I've learned so much I didn't know about myself. Like, if there's a guy handing out free stuff** on the street, and he's wearing a banana suit, I'll take whatever he's giving. It could be smallpox samples—I don’t care. He's wearing a banana suit for god's sake! How cool is that?

**Oh wow, I crumpled banana man’s flyer and stuffed it in my bag, but upon reexamining it, I see it’s a coupon for a FREE 10 oz “Brain Pep Shake.” (Which sounds about as good as a smallpox sample.) But hey, it’s got ginko baloba AND antioxidants, so I can’t go wrong. To redeem or not to redeem?

Right now my roommate is giving me the letters of scrambled words and having me unscramble them, because it helps her sleep. Just prior she threw a container of cream cheese at my wall in a fit of anger and now there are white globs stuck right above my bed. (What? The lights were out and I thought it would be funny to hand her a snack-sized container of cream cheese instead of the lip gloss she asked for. Who knew she’d chuck it at the wall?)

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Menace said...

why didn't you explain to your roomate that she looked like she wanted a midnight snack? or say hmmm i don't know.... get yourself.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous better than buddha said...

a "sample" of smallpox? are those individually wrapped, or do you have to pull them out of the rare disease variety pack?

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home