Monday, July 11, 2005

testing office boundaries the slumber party way

I took a carton of milk to work with me. As soon as I got into the office, I sat at my desk and poured myself a bowl of cereal. I was still in my pajamas.

You’d think that at a 5th avenue Manhattan office for a national publication, there’d be at least some degree of professionalism. You’d think that, but my sweatpants wearing and milk carton chugging beg to differ.

Granted, I received a few comments regarding my super hot “just-rolled-out-of-bed” hairstyle, but you can’t win ‘em all.

Should I feel weird that the editor & chief slipped me a ten to run him an errand in the meat packing district? Aren’t interns supposed to do that kind of stuff anyway? At least now I don’t have to admit I’m an unpaid intern. That’s a good three cents per hour for the whole summer. Who’s a baller now?

In case you were wondering about the hot new intern’s first day, it actually lacked in inappropriate remarks, except for when the president came into the office and upon being introduced the first and only thing he said to her was, “You look… tan."

11 Comments:

Anonymous veritas said...

nice work. I am new here, but you caught my attention by going to work in the PJs...keep it up. It would really be something if you walked in with a pillow and took a nap at lunch time. Maybe your blanky too.

12:28 AM  
Anonymous veritas said...

nice work. I am new here, but you caught my attention by going to work in the PJs...keep it up. It would really be something if you walked in with a pillow and took a nap at lunch time. Maybe your blanky too.

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cereal in the morning is soo sexy...

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cereal in the morning is soo sexy...

12:28 PM  
Blogger Wireman said...

Sounds like a fun day at the office. When they pay $$, you might want to consider this - Career Tips
P.S. We pay our interns and don't hit on them. Don't take that from anyone, especially a President. Signed, A way older business man, Chris

5:58 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

A) The sad thing is, If I did bring a pillow and banky into the office and took a nap, it probably wouldn't make a difference.

B) You mean to tell me there are interns out there who get paid AND don't get hit on? Unbelievable!

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Chrissy said...

I get paid and only subtly get hit on.

7:12 AM  
Blogger marriedman said...

I hit interns, then pay them.

12:01 PM  
Blogger marriedman said...

wait those werent interns, those were my neighbors dogs.

12:01 PM  
Anonymous better than buddha said...

if a city has an entire "meat packing district", is it safe to assume that such a city also has districts dedicated to plunger production, bean canning, and track lighting design?

12:08 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

hmmm, track lighting design.. I think that's Brooklyn

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home