Sunday, July 31, 2005

chicken pot pot pie

They say nothing in life is free. I don’t know who “they” are, but they’re right. Saturday night I was treated to a free dinner and drinks at Caroline’s. Food was “free,” but the price I paid was having to endure the stand-up comedy of Pauly Shore.

My friends seemed to expect a good show, but they’re ignorant to the world of comedy. They were appalled when Pauly came on stage inebriated and even more stunned when he just wasn’t funny. Frantically they whispered, “Why isn’t he funny?” They decided to blame it on the booze, but I think we all know better. I would say on a scale of 1 to 10, it sucked.

I agreed to go because A) free food and B) I knew the opener would be funny because if you don’t have a name, you have to have real talent.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim Duffy said...

Tha' Weeeeez!!!!!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

do you have any idea how many times he said that during his act?

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home